Long time no blog, huh?
Today, let’s look at ten tips you can use to make your wedding the best day possible. We want to give credit, so check out the links at the bottom of the post for additional ideas.
- If you are having an outdoor wedding (or plan to have a giant fan in the venue), get some veil weights. If you are handy, you can even make them yourself:
DIY Veil Weights
- Everyone is going to cry, so be sure to have personalized handkerchiefs for the wedding party. Embroider d hankies are perfect gifts for bridesmaids, the mother of the bride and groom, and especially for the father of the bride and best man. Click here to see what we have: I’m not crying, you’re crying!
- 2. Don’t lick envelopes! Use a sponge or glue stick.
- Don’t fall down while walking down the aisle: slightly scuff the bottom of your wedding shoes with sandpaper if the venue is tile or other slick flooring.
- Setup a unique email for the wedding. You will be amazed at how much spam you will get once you kick off the planning process! We like Gmail, but any free email service will work.
- On your RSVPs, add a line for song requests. You’ll still have final say, of course, but it’s fun to know what your friends and family want to hear. Hopefully it’s not any of these: Worst Wedding Songs.
Free Bird is over nine minutes long and you can’t dance to it!
- Your bridesmaids will probably never, ever, ever wear their dress again. Think about a rental service like Rent the Runway. Your friends and family will appreciate it!
- Don’t use new haircare or face products of any kind in the last couple days before your wedding. You don’t want the wedding photos ruined by a breakout or allergic reaction.
- Eat something after the ceremony. You’ll think, “But the caterer is making blah blah blah”, but YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EAT IT. Everyone will want to congratulate you, shake hands, and hug, plus the photographer is going to be all up in your face. Before you know it you’ll be driving away in the limo, carriage, or car and trying to find an open McDonald’s equivalent in Tahiti. (Yep, the golden arches are in paradise, too!) A mid-event meal will save the day and keep you from falling out during the first dance.
- Number your RSVP cards. If anyone forgets to write their name (yeah, it happens) or they write like this then you will still be able to identify them.
Links to some other handy tips:
You may have noticed that our number two tip is to get embroidered, customized handkerchiefs for your wedding party (wink, nudge!). Seriously, they are a beautiful, affordable addition to your wedding, while also being very useful if anyone turns on the waterworks. We can match your colors in the embroidery thread and have a variety of hankies, like traditional unisex, lace, classic crochet, men’s, and even pastels. Swing by to see what’s on sale today: epicallyembroidered.com
Today over at Emmaline Bride they have written a feature about our monogrammed hankies.
Check it out here:
Emmaline Bride Blog
They are featuring our Monogrammed Hankies. These are great not only for weddings, but for any gift giving occasion where you are scratching your head over what to get that special man in your life. Perfect for birthday, anniversary, Christmas, groomsmen, groom, even retirement! All our hankies are fully customizable, so we can work with you to create just the right sentimental keepsake.
Check out these and all our other handkerchiefs and more at: Epically Embroidered
Father’s Day is coming up on June 16, so we thought we’d talk about it this time.
Important thing to remember: not everyone can be the kind of dad Homer Simpson is, and that’s a good thing.
In the Catholic Church in Europe, March 19, St. Joseph’s Feast Day, has been celebrated as a day to recognize fatherhood since the 1400s. In the United States, the first Father’s Day was held in 1908 in West Virginia. However, it didn’t become an officially recognized holiday in America until 1972, probably after significant effort by the greeting card industry, since there aren’t any major holidays in June. Now it’s a day to take Pops to dinner and give him a new tie or a mug with a dad joke on it.
Maybe this year, instead of the same old cheesy gifts, consider a custom embroidered men’s hankie. A handkerchief is classy AF and it shows your dad (or father figure) that you took the time to consider a unique gift they’ll be sure to love.
Father’s Day at Epically Embroidered
Paired with a nice steak dinner, and maybe a cold beer from this great list of underrated (but delicious) cold brews, you’ll make it a perfect Father’s Day.
We are super excited to have been featured on Emmaline Bride in their HANDMADE-A-DAY section! We love the Happy Tears hankie just as much as they do! It is simple, yet elegant. It’s perfect for the bride, groom, bridesmaids and/or anyone in the bridal party!
Check out the article here: Happy Tears Hankie
Photo credit: Courtney Morales of Courtney Lynn Photography
Hello Epically Embroidered fans! You may not know this, but we embroider all kinds of gifts, decor, and apparel. We’ve updated the website and added some new collections that highlight the “non-wedding” goodies that we offer. If you are looking for a fun housewarming gift, something cute for a child to wear to that 4th of July BBQ, or maybe even getting a jump on Christmas shopping (go you!!), we’ve probably got something you’ll love. As usual, we can customize any item. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org for special requests.
Here are a few samples of the 4th of July collection:
Head over here to start shopping!
Today is a huge day for Epically Embroidered! We are overjoyed to announce that today we reached 1,000 sales on Etsy! This is a pretty big deal!
Did you know that there are over 3 MILLION shops on Etsy? 1.9 MILLION of these shops are considered “active” using a very loose qualifier of just 1 sale in 12 months. Breaking into the top 10,000 isn’t easy to do, and less than 10% of all active shops ever make it to 1,000 sales!
Our shop opened in December of 2016, and it wasn’t easy figuring Etsy out! We struggled for nearly the first year. A lot of research, a lot of tears, a lot of hard work and some great partnerships helped us get where we are. So, I’d love to take this opportunity to share with you awesome people who helped us along the way!
Amy Fladell of DoodleandCo (www.DoodleandCo.etsy.com): Amy started off as one of my favorite customers when I sold sewing machines. She was a huge supporter of mine in the beginning and a fantastic mentor to me in the early days. I must have asked her 10 zillion questions..and she was always there to help! She has the cutest things in her shop, you should totally check her out!!
Jen Bernardi of Justaddjewelry (www.justaddjewelry.etsy.com): Jen has been an absolutely amazing resource! In addition to super cute jewelry holders, she offers Etsy SEO packages. I’ve honestly lost count at this point, but I think I have purchased and received 7 sets of revisions so far, and am awaiting my 8th. She is simply amazing. When I bought my first SEO package from her in October of 2017 I had made about 170 sales! Within minutes of implementing my first set of revisions I started hearing the Cha-Ching! If you have an Etsy Shop…you need her! And, you can even save 15% off her packages by using this coupon code: NTSEO15. If you don’t own an Etsy shop..then you need to check out her jewelry holders!
Courtney Morales of Courtney Lynn Photography (http://www.courtneylynnphoto.com): We met Courtney at a bridal show early this year. She is an amazing photographer! She now does all my product photography! Having her photograph my products was the second best decision we have made to propel Epically Embroidered’s business! If you are in the DFW area and need engagement photos, wedding photos, or want to take one of her awesome photography classes, you need to call her!
From the bottom of our hearts we at Epically Embroidered want to thank all our amazing partners, and all our awesome customers! We love having the opportunity to make your special day more memorable!
Epically Embroidered is so excited to have been featured in a buzzfeed article! Check out the article and the other 23 awesome gifts listed!!!